Changes in legal regulations from the 1st January 2018

02. February 2018. 11:05

According to the new regulations, residence permit for study purposes can be withdrawn if someone purses income earning activities more than 24 hours a week during the study period and more than ninety days or sixty six working days a year outside the study period.


In case of renewal of the residence permit you have to attach the „TRANSCRIPT OF ACADEMIC RECORDS”, too, not only the „STUDENT STATUS CERTIFICATE”, provided by the Dean’s Office. Since you have to submit your request to the Immigration Office 30 days before the expiry date at the latest, please pay attention to get the documents in time.


New type of residence permit has been introduced for those third-country citizens who successfully completed their studies or research activities and wish to apply for work or start a business in Hungary. It is valid for 9 months after submitting the request and it cannot be extended.


The application form for the residence permit for study purposes has been changed. You have to complete these 2 forms:

Application for Residence Permit” 

Residence Permit INSET 14 – Purpose of Study or Student Mobility”